Wednesday, August 13, 2008

PURE MURDER #1 on Amazon; BGI Bestseller

I just received great news from my editor-in-chief at Kensington, Michaela Hamilton, that my latest release, Pure Murder, just made the Borders Group Incorporated (BGI) best seller list for mass market paperbacks for sales in all Borders bookstores and Walden bookstores.

According to Michaela, this is quite an honor and a rare feat for a true crime book (specifically, she stated that "it almost never happens"). The list includes mmps from all genres and tallies novels as well as non-fiction titles among its totals. That put me directly alongside such stellar classics as Harper Lee's To Kill a Mockingbird and J.D. Salinger's Catcher in the Rye which, of course, blows my mind.

Needless to say, I am very happy about the great news.

Pure Murder also hit #1 on Amazon for books on the subject of rape. I have been in the top 3 for months alongside my good friend and fellow In Cold Blogger Ron Franscell with the paperback release of his book Fall, re-titled The Darkest Night (any Batman play there by St. Martins, Ron?) and Alice Sebold's rape memoir, Lucky. Pure Murder reached #1 last week and subsequently ran out of stock at Amazon.

Thank you to everyone who has purchased a copy of Pure Murder or who intends to do so in the future. I could not do what I do without your support.

No comments: