Saturday, March 22, 2008

The Capture of the Green River Killer Miniseries Next Week

I was watching TV Land's High School Reunion on my DVR tonight when 3/4 of the way through, one of those annoying local cable ads started up. Normally, I miss these as I am quickly fast-forwarding through all the commercials. But this one caught my eye -- something about the Green River Killer.

I stop the FF button, rewind, and hit play. Sure enough, it is an ad for the upcoming Lifetime Movie Network (LMN) miniseries The Capture of the Green River Killer.

Even though there have been countless books and a couple of films made on the case, this one should be interesting. First, it is based on the book, Chasing the Devil, by David Reichert, the man responsible for capturing Gary Ridgway (both men pictured above). It also stars Tom Cavanagh who I thoroughly enjoyed in last year's short lived music business series Love Monkey.

There are two intriguing aspects about this miniseries for me. The first is that James Marsters, who played the vampire Spike on two of the best shows in television history, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel, co-stars as serial killer Ted Bundy. The second is that IMDB does not have a listing for a character named Gary Ridgway. I am curious how this will play out as the main antagonist may not even be involved.

The Capture of the Green River Killer begins next Sunday, March 30 at 8:00 p.m. (EST). Sign up for a showtime reminder from LMN.

Of course, the book is always better than the movie so be sure to purchase a copy of Sheriff David Reichert's book below.

No comments: